Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to quading and i am wondering how to read my tach/hour monitor. I know a little about it but how can i tell how fast i'm going using it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
no, only the rpm's of your engine, you can only tell how fast the engine is going,not the atv itself, you could buy a trailtech speedometer for it though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is trailtech the company that makes the speedometer or can i get one from the dealer? Thnx for the advice too. I did know though that a tachometer only shows the rpms but usualy there's a meathod to measuring how fast ur going by the rpms.

·
Registered
53 Posts
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.asp?sid=0002765021

check that out, you can buy it there, i am sure you can order it from your dealer, they also have a billet aluminum mounting kit that looks pretty nice, i think that is out for the predator

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Kosh- www.trailtech.net they make a sweet billet dash and computer setup... I have one, very top notch stuff. If you want a TACH, you may want to hold off on buying the TrailTech stuff, as I hear they are working on a new computer unit that incorporates a TACH. As for judging speed by RPMs, that'd be pretty tough as you'd have to calculate for transmission gearing, sprocket size, etc. More math than I wanna attempt. 'bout a $120 US for the TrailTech computer w/speedo. Hope that helps.

-Ren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts