Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal that the fan on my predator comes on everytime that i shift down to stop and park my quad ? just wondering if should .........

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The stock setup runs very warm...and the calibration of the fan switch doesn't help. Running a set of radiator scoops along with a coolant additive (Redline Water Wetter, Engine Ice, Purple Ice) is the way to nip things in the rear. Also CFM makes some nice inline coolers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the best to use and what would the price range from do you know bc my engine heats up quick when im on on the trails rip things up ............

·
Registered
394 Posts
I am going to gets some of modsquads scoops I have heard nothing but good things about them www.jetblastgear.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys and gals got my pred. the other day and have been tweaking the eng. It's coming along quit quickly thanks to everyones input. I've been seeing the concern around eng. heat but until I got one I did'nt realize hot warm was. My kids and myself have been breaking it in and have about 4 to 5 hours on it and man it rips but boy do the side cases get hot and on a 70 degree day the fan seems to run all the time. still on break in oil, still working on jetting at 157.5 now and 2 pin clips up from bottom with w/b and k/n at 550 elev.Going to run sand when finished tweaking.have 200 acre ranch to ride on and am concerned with the heat, normal or not. any help would be appreciated... and thanks for the engine coolant and shroud Ideas modquad

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Warining mine gets hot too, or anyway the fan runs alot. I just sent my money to modquad at www.jetblastgear.com to get a set of his scoops. I already added water wetter from Redline it helped but I think once I get the scoops that will make the real difference. Check out his web site the scoops look very nice. Also everyone who has his scoops has nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright i check that out to bc on like hot days or cool days here i can feel the engine heating up and im very concern about that dont want wanna ruin anything but when im out got to keep the speed up with out that engine becoming a problem.

·
Registered
993 Posts
flush your system with distilled water and water weter, between that and modquad's scoops you should be all set. You might have to flush the system a few times to get all the antifreeze out, but the water weter will work much better with only water. Just don't forget to add a little antifreeze before when the weather starts to get colder again.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright thanks think im gunna order me some of those scoops by the end of this week .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts