Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cylinder is on it's way to be bored. I thought this would be a good time with the machine tore apart due the the cracked head. I will keep you all posted of the results.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Say good bye to your warranty meyerz??? By the time you get your predator running again the factory warranty will be expired anyways. Good luck with the 580 kit, I personally am waiting for some other companies to release some big bore kits before I buy one so I can compare them. I have a feeling that something better than the 580 kit will be available in the near future from somebody other than esuperbikeshop. Seems to me like esuperbikeshop has gotten in over their heads with there predator parts and stuff, I cant even get anyone to answer my phone calls at esuperbikeshop, oh well they just wont be gettin my business.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Meyerz, who did you get the big bore kit from? I am needing it to supplement my nos. Is it the one from Rath Racing? How much does it cost?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Superbike's 580 kit. I have the airforce kit also. The 580 kit was $378 for parts + I had to ship the cylinder to gary at superbike to bore and reselve = $100. The total will be over $500 with the overnighting fee's.

·
Registered
249 Posts
meyez, will the factory tweaked carb work or will you need to upgrade the carb?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The carb has already been done. New main jet, piolt jet, bored slide, lowered float, ect. It's called the airforce kit from superbike. In my profile there is pictures of the air box mods will also have to make with the kit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i understand how that works. i just didnt know if Gary recommended a bigger aftermarket carb w/ the big bore kit. i know on some of the other quads out there when you get into engine work it some times calls for a larger carb

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does this kit contain cams and valves too?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, the head porting and valves are about $500 more...I dont know what the cams are because they are not available yet.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I personally wouldn't bother with a big bore kit until cams are available, and I'd also get the head porting done too. A big bore alone won't really accomplish anything.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing meyerz for doing it... he had a valid reason since it's very little extra work to pull the cylinder and replace the piston since the head already had to come off... but if your machine doesn't need it, don't bother yet.

Rob

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's ok rob if you don't think the 580 bore kit will do anything, I guess a 30% increase in power is nothing to you. By the way just to let you know I did order the valve job head port and flow package also. Now that will total a 40% increase in power. Almost double the power ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
meyerz just a thought- how is a 16% increase in displacement going to give you a 30% gain in power? not trying to stir touble just asking:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
go to esuperbikeshop.com click on predator, then click on predator message board. look under 580 kit pics. Also you can call gary with your questions. I don't know how to explain it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why are you guys against Gary and anyone who uses his products? I'm going to just quit posting the mods I do from superbike and any other aftermarket parts. Most people don't care anyway they just want to rip on them. I'm not complaining, I'm just not going to waste my time anymore.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FYI Rath Racing is only claiming peak hp gains in the mid 50s with his 580 kit with valves and cams. Claiming huge gains in the midrange though. I talked to them yesterday about this. Kit to be available at the end of the month.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you wanna run it without oil put a uni filter over it. Its not worth the risk though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i'm not against gary at all just ? some of the #'s - i wish you the best meyer.
nos500 - mid 50's sounds possible w/ all that work, but i couldn't see it w/ just increasing the displacement.

PS meyer don't give up one the post. there hear to get different opinions and reads from different people. and always remember they are opinions. what works for me may not work for you + what works for you might not work for me, but i still enjoy hearing about it:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dump the cv carb and install a higher comp piston...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts