Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help! I purchased a 560 BBK witch came with new high comp piston, cylinder with new bbk sleeve and 105mm head gaskets. I also purchased a used head in good shape because my original was damaged and a new timing chain.. I installed bbk and set valves and timing chain to spec. Here's the problem, after installing cam holder and tightening the eight 8mm bolts in crisscross pattern to tork specs the motor is very hard to rotate manually. If I loosen some of the 8mm bolts then motor is easy to rotate.. Could it be the 105mm gasket that's causing this problem, I'm clueless to what's going on. FYI, I worked on the Fuji motor many times but never encounter this problem.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
It would have to be something binding up in the cams if the problem goes away when you loosen the cam tower bolts. I just installed a big block kit that I purchased from HPD two weeks ago. I had it sitting in storage. Are you sure that you are not over torqueing the cam tower bolts? I think they are like 6-8 foot pounds. Do you have the little retainers installed in the cam bearings?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts