Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 500 scrambler and it runs great but it wont rev out like it should rins great up to about half and it just falls off it doesnt bog or anything it just wont rev anymore i wonder if the clutches are just shifting up to fast but not sure, anyone had a similar problem? i could use some in put,

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Take the CVT cover off and check out the belt and pulleys. Maybe the belt is slipping. It doesnt seem like the clutches would be worn out yet since its only an 05, but ya never know. Maybe take the carb apart as well, could be some dirt lodged in the main jet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 2000 not an 05 and i had it apart bigtime, i changed the primary spring (it was broken) I put new valves and a timing chain in it, (chain broke) runs great to mid range just wont keep revving, it runs real smoth and quiet so i know the timing is ok, i cleaned the carb and everything looked ok in there, Im kinda stuck, i dont know what else to do, I do wanna check into the belt i dont know it isnt causing it, just looking for some advise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont take anything to the stealership, every time i have ever taken any thing to a dealership im more pissed off when I leave than when I go, it doesnt matter what stealership for every brand they all suck in canada, and if i can completely redo the top end my self i will figure this out too, just thought some one may have run into a similar problem, Im pretty sure its the belt i think its the wrong one on there, i have to get the cover off and check the part number, I just bought the machine so i think the old owner put the wrong one on there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts