Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put a set of 27" Zilla tires on my factory aluminum rims. The only difference besides height is the front tire would be 1" wider than stock. The rear tires are the same width as stock. Do you think I would have a problem with them rubbing on the front with that little of a change in width? I don't really want to have to buy another set of rims when I allready have aluminum ones on it if I can keep from it. I also figured by doing some reading on here that I would have to do some re-clutching. Probably put that Darton Pro clutch spring in. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes you will have a tire rub problem. You can flip your tie rods reset your tow and you should be ok if not wheel spacers or new wheels

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told that you can run up to 10" wide tires on the front with stock wheels without rubbing. My 9" wide Zillas only measure 8.5" wide so you should be fine. Any tire wider than 10" true width measurement, you should invest in some aftermarket wheels or spacers.

As far as re-clutching goes, you should be fine running the Zillas. They are one of the lightest tires on the market and you should not lose much power at all. I run 27's with no clutch work and I noticed VERY LITTLE power loss over the stock tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. Something as simple as flipping the tie rods and not needing to do any re-clutching for the tires I want, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts