Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Desert race till next fall is this weekend we have 1 GP up in the mountains this summer.I hope to make 3 laps outof 4 this weekend. Since I start in the last row it all depends on the other class's not crashing on the start. If somebody goes down it is hard to make3 laps before the leader passes you on his fourth.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more finished but boy did I have problems. A beginners bike class rider went down on the start and it took all most 15 to 20 min to clear him. With the delayed start the Experts are going to pass us early on lap one. My start stalled last off line. Mile 3 first big hill quad stalls at the top lip. I am half over and half rolling back down the hill the parking break is only thing hold the quad and it will not start. I get off look at the carb and it has pop out of the intake boot now all the expert come flying buy. With help I get it over the lip and moved off the side I re seat the carb and take off but it idles like SH*%, mile 9 right had guard falls off. next 8 miles are tight rocky section 1st and 2nd gear only quad stalls about a dozen time finally get out of that section and the experts lap me again. When I get to the finish line white flag out stop in pit for water and make sure my carb is still attached and take off. I get to the hill where My cab fell off and find a bike rider lay out and his bike on top of him. Spent about 20 min getting him off the hill then a kid get stuck says he can not hold on too his bike get him off and get back on the course and the experts lap me for the last time. Quad is idling better and get through the tight rocks ok. The kid that could not hold on keep going pass me 5 times and fell down 4 times. I just got two lap in but it makes me a official finisher find out in a week if I was dead last

·
Registered
227 Posts
ha ha, sorry you didnt fair out so good, talk about luck!!!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finished my old bones are in one piece and I had fun sounds good to me

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yep, didnt mean it like that just all the bad luck you had,

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that was not bad luck, bad luck is 3 DNF's due to being sold the wrong clutch parts. That is bad luck

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thats definatley bad luck!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
How was the motor stalling? I'm guessing because of the carb problem. That's typically a problem you don't have to worry about with the Rekluse.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Idle set too low and poor clutch workby me. Now on summer break I can get some things work on like Rekluse, oil cooler and re work the foam in my seat. Photo just before carb fell off

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Wow! That's some brutal terrain to crash on!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts