Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having issuse the last time i went for a ride it wouldn't start it just truns over, I had to jump start it down my driveway. Once it started it ran just as good as it always has and would fire right up the whole ride. Now if i try to start it it just turns over but will not start. I was thinking it might be the valves so i check them and they are all within tolerance. Its getting spark and fuel so I'm looking for some info on were to look next.

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
maybe lean jetting. maybe the battery is just getting weak and does not turn it over quite fast enough?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok here is were i'm at. my battery is good no problems there. I have removed cleaned and reinstalled the carb its good. ive got spark. i rechecked the valves and i found the intakes are at .002mm and .008mm and the exhaust 's are both good .025mm and .028mm. The problem is i can't get the quad to start when its cold it will just turn over and over it will pop once or twice but thats it. But if I bomb start it down my driveway it starts no problem but it will not idle well untill its hot. Anymore help would be great thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sportsman 90cc will not run start or crank over unless I push security button dwn and if I let go of the button it dies out does anyone kno or have a solution

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok here is were i'm at. my battery is good no problems there. I have removed cleaned and reinstalled the carb its good. ive got spark. i rechecked the valves and i found the intakes are at .002mm and .008mm and the exhaust 's are both good .025mm and .028mm. The problem is i can't get the quad to start when its cold it will just turn over and over it will pop once or twice but thats it. But if I bomb start it down my driveway it starts no problem but it will not idle well untill its hot. Anymore help would be great thanks
Sounds like your valves need to adjusted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts