Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help here. I just bought a 2002 Trail Blazer 250. It is absolutely mint except for 1 issue. The rear brakes aren't working. When you push down on the foot brake pedal there is absolutely no pressure in there at all. The guy I bought it from is moving and I won't be able to get the manuals until he gets into his new place and unpacked since he packed them with other stuff. I glanced around and don't see anywhere obvious to check fluid so I can't say if there is any or not. Anyone run into this before?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
215 Posts
follow hose from cylinder i thank it is under seatI used to have to bleed my rear brake on my gen3 once a month i dont know how it gets air but it does commen problem go to gen3usa.com its the best site for gen3 answers thay are good guys over there.......Watch for that tom guy??????????

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Yea, just try bleading it, the bottom bleed screw on the caliper. You'll have to look for the resivor, its on the right side.

Dont be surprized if it never works though, some do, and many dont.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That was pretty common on that year Polaris. We had a Trail Boss, couple of Sportsmans and I had a couple of Scramblers, and they all were that way. I bought one of those vacuum pumps for it, and that helped a lot. I never could bleed them good enough by pumping the pedal.

If I remember right, those rear brakes are just auxiliary anyways...you still get rear brake when you pull the handle on the bars...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I got so sick of it I modded my brakes to a split kit. I added another handlebar master cylinder(used a predator hand brake). You can make your own split kit but you need another splitter box. It also comes down to all polaris's have a crappy rear master cylinder if you ask me. The hose that the rezzy is attached to is just a push in fitting into the master cylinder and they use those crappy squeeze clamps on the hose.lastly I think the rezzy is too small.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
it was called bad design and engineering by polaris, if you look at the design there is no way that after a good smash on the brakes by our foot. the orings would never hold up, the get blown, and then never work worth beans! bleeding first as stated and then if it doesnt work, do split brake or dont use it at all! we all have had this issue sometime or someway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts