Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. so when this quad came in it had a broken ground. the main ground. was only starting with pull. i fixed that and found the fan and light was on all the time. i tracked it down to the lr60. i took the lr60 apart. found 2 burned components. ordered new ones and re-sauldered them in. the main one that was burnt was a irfiiz46n mosfet. which had the orange/white wire constantly grounded which is the ground wire for the fan motor. the lr60 grounds the fan turning it on i assume. well now i get nothing. i unplugged the thermitstor to try to get it to kick on. and i jumped the thermistor as i wasnt sure if its supposed to be open or closed. when i plug the fan in i've got 14v on the red wire. and also 14 on the orange/white, if i ground the orange/white with my power probe fan kicks on. are there any other components in the lr60 i need to test? im pretty sure they are all good. im also not sure if the orange/white wire should get 14v thrown to it when i plug the fan in.. getting pretty stumped on this one. any help would be appreciated. thanks. btw i replaced the stock mosfet with a irf1010e. which has the same values and pinout.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i fixed it. it was a 150 ohm 5 band resistor, the mosfet. and one other resistor. luckily i had a broken amplifier board with a single 150 ohm 4 band resistor on it. sauldered it up. hot glued the case back together. put it back on the quad. unplugged the thermistor and jumped the yellow/black wires. and voila fan kicked on :). incase anyone else has this issue and doesnt want to spend 300 on a new lr60. just cut the case off the old one. get the glue off. and find the bad component or components. replace them. "$5 in my case". and you should be good to go :) make sure your problem is the lr60 in the first place tho. mine was constantly grounding the fan keeping it on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well i fixed it. it was a 150 ohm 5 band resistor, the mosfet. and one other resistor. luckily i had a broken amplifier board with a single 150 ohm 4 band resistor on it. sauldered it up. hot glued the case back together. put it back on the quad. unplugged the thermistor and jumped the yellow/black wires. and voila fan kicked on :). incase anyone else has this issue and doesnt want to spend 300 on a new lr60. just cut the case off the old one. get the glue off. and find the bad component or components. replace them. "$5 in my case". and you should be good to go :) make sure your problem is the lr60 in the first place tho. mine was constantly grounding the fan keeping it on.
Do you by chance have pictures of it. My red/white wire going into the LR60 is burnt and it burnt what look like a resister, but I can not tell what it was. That's how burnt it was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts