Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone confirm that you remove 2 screws from underneath to completely drain all engine oil.

1) in middle even with oil filter and
2) 1 directly under the oil fill tank

need help fast just drained from the plug next to the oil filter but seemed like small amount of oil and then went to check oil after all was out of that plug and the oil resevior (sp) is still full so im fairly certain you drain both but manual insnt very specific

·
Registered
839 Posts
yep.

·
Registered
429 Posts
second that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the confirmation didnt want to puck up my machine on first day put 2 quarts of ps-4 sure looked like alot of oil on that dip stick. Anyone else not like how that dipstick reads oil levels

·
Registered
429 Posts
When you drain both the crankcase and the oil tank you add about 2 1/4 quarts into the oil tank. Which just about fills it up. You then start it and the oil level in the tank will drop. Add as needed.

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
when I change my oil it always seems like there's too much also....Even one time I loaded it into my truck and leaked oil all over my rear rotor...that made it fun trying to stop..

If I'm doing something wrong by putting 2 quarts in someone please let me know

·
Registered
46 Posts
Every oil change, for me, requires only 2 quarts of oil. The manual does say apecifically, that after putting the new oil in, you must start the motor to circulate the new oil. I would hate to have to add 2 1/4 quarts of oil every time as there would always be a partial bottle of oil laying around all the time. Also, whenever reading the dipstick oil level, there are two readings one should take before riding. First, take out dipstick before starting to verify that there is indeed oil in the tank. Then, start your motor and let it warm up (2-4 minutes), shut off motor, now is when you check the dipstick for a true reading of oil level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts