[No message]

·
Registered
129 Posts
ok, what about it?

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
The stock front sprocket is a 14. Why on earth would anybody want a 16? That would totally under-gear the thing.

Rob

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'VE HAD ONE ON ORDER FOR WEEKS NOW I JUST WHAT TO TRY IT BECAUSE I CAN. I LIKE 15/38 WORK GOOD BOTTOM AND TOP END, JUST CHANGE FRONT BACK TO A 13 AND WORKS AWESOME. THE MORE GEARS YOU HAVE THE MORE YOU CAN PLAY I HAVE 13,14,15 FRONT
36,37,38,AND 40 REAR SOMETIMES ONE GEAR UP OR DOWN WORK FOR A DIFFERENCE RIDING CONDITION.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but will a 16t sprocket work? and what size would be best for the back?i guess it wouldnt hurt to try

·
Registered
129 Posts
to take some metal away from the case protector, the 16 will not fit unless you do, this is going to really change your gear ratio and you will feel a power loss at slow speeds, but you may gain some in the top end if you are not bogging the engine down too much. as far as rear, 16 is a big jump, i dont know what you are trying to do, but it seems you will need a large rear, like a 40 or so, but then your chain will be too short for the large gears front and rear, you dont have enough adjustability to make up for it. probably the largest rear you can put on it with that front is about a 38 unless you change the chain. the gear ratio with 16/38 would be 2.375. stock is 2.643. this means your rpms at any given speed will drop by 11% with the stock 37 rear this would be a 13% change - hope this helps - james

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks james

1 - 7 of 7 Posts