Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this has prolly been answered, but will a 40 tooth fit? I am looking to gear down my predator and pair that with a 13 in the front. 39 would be fine i was just wondering what u guys have experienced. And also how much will that affect the over all speed? Will it take it down to 400ex speed?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put the 40 on mine with just a little grinding of the skid plate with the Dremel. I am not sure how much speed it takes out of the top end though, I just ride at Pismo and hardly ever touch 5th gear. I am using the 13/40 gearing too.

·
Registered
993 Posts
running 13/40 gearing will definetely rob you of your top speed, but you will have all kinds of torq, be ready to shift super fast if you go that route. As stated above, you will either need to remove your skidplate or grind a groove in it.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright guys thanks! I will prolly just go with a 39 rear then.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Top speed of 82? Say what?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So do you guys think that would make it so all i am doing is shifting. Im going to start doing some local racing and i also go to little sahara and i remember out there i never even got into 5th gear so im wanting to use my gears. But i dont want to over do it to much.

·
Registered
839 Posts
82 mph is right on checked mine (all stock) with radar on the asphalt. Takes a little time to get there though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts