Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got this Outlaw in my shop with a blown transmission and top end issues. Would not start or anything. Did a complete rebuild of the transmission, bearings, gears, the works. Also replaced the jug and cylinder with a kit. After reassembling the bike it fired right up, but had a knocking noise in the crank. I proceeded to remove the engine again. Once inside I found that the flywheel was warped. No clue how this happened. I replaced the stator, flywheel, and pickup coil. Put everything back together. Now it will not start at all. It will turn over good, then pop like it wants to do something and then kicks back and the starter idler gear strips out. I've replaced that gear 8 times so far. Also, I replaced the starter, one way clutch gear, one way clutch, idler gear shaft, and the cap that holds it in place. Also replaced the CDI box after testing the voltage at the ignition coil. I've followed every procedure in the manual many times. Still cannot figure out what would be wrong. Could it be a faulty Flywheel or Stator/pickup coil? I can't keep dumping money in starter gears at $30/a piece. Before replacing the flywheel and stator it actually ran. So I'm thinking maybe it is just a faulty new product. Any Ideas??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts