Polaris Riders Forum banner

Rear Shock Lowering Brackets

8K views 50 replies 15 participants last post by  Samaks628 
#1 ·
11:00pm and just finished making and installing an adaptor that I designed.
It lowers the rear 3/4".
I was shooting for one inch to match my front bracket but just couldn't due to an interference problem. Factory skid plate fits with no modifications.

Going riding tomorrow -stoked about trying it out.

I’ll post a view of my pred on level ground, looks awesome

#28 ·
Thanks again ch701sp for your permission to make and sell these lowering kits.

As 701 said he is allowing me to produce these kits. I have to finish up pricing with the shop in the next couple days. We should have a price buy early next week.

Would you guys like the kits to include the mounting hardware or just the brackets?

Let me know how many are interested for the first run.

Thanks

#29 ·
well iv just finished fitting my rear lowering kit, which is a great bit of kit, ch701sp i cant thanck you enough mate..
when i was fitting it i noticed my rear shock had come lose and dumped all it oil.. grrrr
im lucky as one of my mates has got a spare 05 fox shock, so iv fitted that, to get by till polaris can sort out a repair, us guys over here in the uk get a 24 month warranty, wot do you chaps get in the states, ??

the front lowering kit will alter the handling no end, the preddy will turn in so much easyer.. as for jumps im hitting 20ft table tops with no probs, thro its up to you!!! if you want to hit a 50ft jump at 50mph, dont come crying to ch701sp or my self, as your the rider.. we are not making you fit these... its wot we have chosen to do...

you ride at ur own risk...

keep it the sunside up...

#30 ·
When will you be riding with the rear lowering bracket?

#31 ·
sunday , iv got a enduro race, on... lol
but i mite try and get out saturday if i get chance.. just to get a bit of testing in..

ill let you no how i get on..

#33 ·
Thank you for the lowering bracket design I'm having a buddy of mine that owns a maching shop make me a set this week I got the drawings from here and made a solidworks drawing from your drawings so I have the part in a 3d model. I'm going over to help a friend of mine that owns a cnc plasma cutter and I think I will have him cut out the front lower bracket.

#34 ·
I will include the mounting bolts and washers.

#35 ·
Please pm me when these become available for purchase....I'd like to try out...Thanx.

#36 ·
wow , having had to change my rear shock as it came lose, and fitting an 05fox shock on, and fitting a rear lowering kits as well..
and then doing a 3hr enduro race in mid wales ..

i think i need to do some testing and setting up, as it was hard to tell which way to go as it did not stop rain all day long... i cant belive how much my preddy slides now.. so i mite have to raise the quad just a tad, thro i must add mit when i got use to it, it was great fun...lol

ill try and get some picks up of the rear shock, as im not sure if iv set it up right!!!!! that back end loves to slide....yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

#40 ·
Wow!! That looks messy, you better put some water wings on for that crossing, I'm guessing you have a stock air box. Do it to it man show those guy what a preddy can do.

#41 ·
nope im on a cfm ally air box running two k&N filters..

im embarrassed, to see me on here now..lol

thanxs mate..:)

#43 ·
i love this pic, ...

hmmm wot pic it didnt work.. sorry ..

#44 ·
dam my pic didnt work... grrr

#45 ·
So I've read through the thread and this seems like a great idea for woods racers. I want to get a set front/rear. Is there anyone on here that is working to get some built to sell? I'm with Braff1, if we can some of us together we can get a CNC to build a few sets. PM me or post here if you can help me. I'm not concerned with cost, I just want to get my hands on a set. Thanks.

#47 ·
Still working on the lowering brackets. Sorry for the delays. Hopefully next week.

#48 ·
Please see this thread:

http://www.predatorowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=2&topid=2&thrid=40440&posthist=-48&page=1&CFID=1625899&CFTOKEN=22513851

#50 ·
No go. Sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.